For the safety and enjoyment of all guests of the Wonder of Words Festival, please observe the following Festival policies:
- All children much be accompanied by an adult while they are visiting the Festival.
- Smoke or use of tobacco products on Library premises prohibited within 25 (twenty-five) feet of the Library entrances.
- Vendors who are not contracted with the Festival are not allowed to sell or distribute merchandise or materials at the Festival. Unauthorized solicitation or distribution of fliers is not allowed.
- Buskers and/or entertainers who are not contracted with the Festival are not permitted.
- Skateboards, roller blades, large bags and large signs or placards which may endanger or inconvenience guests attending the Wonder of Words Festival are prohibited.
- Service animals are allowed, but please leave all other animals at home.
- All packages are subject to search.
- Weapons of any kind are not allowed on the Festival site.
- The Wonder of Words Festival reserves the right to decline admittance to anyone who violates the reasonable policies established for public safety or to restrict activities such as public access to designated areas.
When attending the Wonder of Words Festival, all attendees enter an area where photography, audio and video recording may occur.
By entering the event premises, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its release, publication, exhibition or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on websites, social media or any other purpose by the Wonder of Words Festival, Greater Des Moines Partnership, Downtown Community Alliance and its affiliates and representatives. Images, photos and/or videos may be used to promote similar Downtown Community Alliance events in the future, highlight the event and exhibit the capabilities of the Downtown Community Alliance. You release the Downtown Community Alliance, its officers and employees and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, or publication and use of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or or sound recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any use, exhibition, streaming, web casting, televising or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such use, exhibiting, broadcasting, web casting or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for participation or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video or audio recording taken by the Downtown Community Alliance or the person or entity designated to do so by the Downtown Community Alliance.
In addition to these policies, please observe Des Moines Public Library policies at all times while attending the Festival.